Sunday, February 20, 2022

Reflection on Module 1 - Personal Peace

River of Learning 

As we look forward to what’s next on our journey as peacebuilders, we also look back from where we have come. Please reflect on the following questions and write your responses in the discussion thread below.

Floating on the surface of the river: What are the key concepts and skills learned that you will take with you?

In the current of the river: How have you changed? How would you describe personal learnings that are important for you?

Down deep in the river: What are life-long learnings for you? What are essences of peacebuilding and learnings that you want to keep for a lifetime?

I am grateful for all sharings, connections at cohort calls and resources in the platform. I've learned that BEING PEACE is an essential element for bringing peace to the world, and thus taking care of myself for inner peace is important. And self-care can be in various ways, keeping a journal, listening to music, meditating, walking in nature, totally presence in the here and now... I've learned many different definitions of meditation such as focus, slowdown, connection to higher self, service, unite body and mind, kindness... I've learned body awareness as a kind of mindfulness in practice.  

As a full-time life-long learner, I am always excited to learn from school, from books, movies, songs, from my own experiences, from others. Life is a big school and everyone, everything can be my teacher.   

The essence of peace building and learning that I want to keep for a lifetime is self-reflection and mindfulness which could be in the form of daily meditation or keeping mindful in any task and activity throughout the days. I believe that only through self-reflection that we really learn something, and through mindfulness, connecting with our soul, our higherself that we can develop our wisdom.



No comments:

Post a Comment