Tuesday, November 22, 2011

UDP graduation

from Daisy with love, honour and sincere gratitude

Graduation Ceremony on 21.11.2011 at Lucky Square, Binh Duong
 
With my parents, Antje, Harry and Nigel


DSC08154
With Nigel, Prof. Schmidt and Harry from my old BTU Cottbus


DSC08176
With Prof. Karl Kluegel


DSC08161
With the former German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder


DSC08158
With the Deputy Prime Minister Nguyễn Thiện Nhân and
the Minister of Education and Training Phạm Vũ Luận



DSC08173
With Professors and friends of UDP class 2009-2011



Memories from the 2 year UDP course at VGU





Acknowledgement from my thesis

First of all, I wish to express my sincere gratitude to the two supervisors, Prof. Kosta Mathey and Prof. Michael Schmidt for their kind guidance and for giving me a chance to join this wonderful UDP course.

I greatly appreciate the consideration of our course coordinators, Dr. Harry Storch and Prof. Karl Klügel. Thank you so much for believing in me and that is such a big encouragement!

I am especially grateful to my dear friend Nigel Downes, who introduced me to this course, for his supporting as always.

I would like to express a huge thanks to all of our Professors and Teachers for the lectures, excursions and inspiration! Many thanks to the research group of Megacity HCMC project for the knowledge I got from their workshops and discussions. Thank you all my friends and the staffs at VGU for the assistance and for our memories during these last two years together.

I also respectfully acknowledge Dr. Bui Van Nam Son for his devoted consultation.

This study cannot be done without the responses from more than two hundred people all over the world. I would like to thank you all, each and everyone! It was such an honor and pleasure for me to read your various comments. Thank you very much too, my friends, who had helped promote the survey through their blogs, websites and social networks.

My sympathy goes out to the interviewees in slum areas that I have talked to during the field study in May. It was a unique and transformative experience. I really hope that life will be better for you all.

Finally, I would like to take this chance to express the deepest gratitude and love from my heart to my parents and beloved ones for their endless support and care. I know no words would be enough...

*****

Dinner at Tib on 22.11.2011
  
 I was so much happy that Mika, my Professor from Finland had also been in HCMC that time. And thus, i had a chance to see him again after nearly 3 years!














   Thank You all!!!                                        Mom's painting 



No comments:

Post a Comment